- 1 or 1 1/2 pounds elbow macaroni
- 4 qt chicken broth
- 2 TBS butter
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375 F
Pour broth in a large pot
Bring to a boil
Stir in the elbow macaroni and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
Drain macaroni. Do NOT rinse.
Pour macaroni back into the pot; heat off
Stir in the butter until it melts
Pour in the evaporated milk and half and half.
Turn heat back on medium.
Bring mixture to a simmer
Add in the salt, onion powder, and white pepper.
Stir in all of the American cheese and half of the rest of the cheeses EXCEPT the cheddar cheese.
Once cheese melts, turn off the heat.
Butter a 9×13* baking dish.
Pour the macaroni into the dish in a single layer.
Add the remaining cheese on top including the cheddar cheese.
Bake for 30-35 or until the cheese is as brown on top as you’d like.
Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.