Heated Cracked Chicken Breast, additionally called Farm Chicken with Bacon, is a tasty and rich dish stacked with cheddar and bacon. It’s difficult to accept that Cracked Chicken is likewise Low Carb and Keto Friendly!
WHAT IS CRACK CHICKEN?
Split Chicken is a flavorfully velvety mix of chicken, bacon, cream cheddar, and farm flavoring. This family-accommodating, make-ahead feast is an extraordinary weeknight supper, yet in addition ideal for an end of the week swarm.
Searching for a simple heated chicken formula? YOU GOT IT! Simply hit print since this split out chicken is the thing that your Monday needs. Need an Instant Pot form? Jump on over to my formula for Instant Pot Crack Chicken.
4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (1-pound, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
FOR THE RANCH CREAM CHEESE
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4- ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, white or yellow – I use a little of both
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- sliced green scallions
- chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in diced bacon; cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. DON’T discard bacon fat.
- Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.
- Pound chicken breasts to a 1/4-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil – you may have to do this in batches if the skillet isn’t big enough – and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet and arrange in previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Take half of the bacon and add on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven.
- Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.