Strawberry Cheesecake Salad is an easy, creamy fruit dessert that can be made in minutes. It pairs perfectly with a main meal or tastes delicious as a light dessert.
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese softened
- ▢¼ cup granulated sugar
- ▢1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ▢1½ cups strawberry banana yogurt
- ▢8 ounce container whipped topping thawed
- ▢4 cups fresh strawberries washed, tops removed, hulled, and quartered (reserve ½ cup for garnish)
- ▢2½ cups ripe bananas peeled and sliced (just before you are ready to serve, reserve ½ cup for garnish)
- Using a large mixing bowl and a handheld mixer on medium-high, beat the softened cream cheese for 1-1½ minutes until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, and continue beating for 1½-2 minutes until well incorporated.
- Fold in the yogurt and whipped topping until completely combined. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Just before you are ready to serve, gently fold in the 3½ cups of strawberries and 2 cups of sliced bananas. Garnish with reserved strawberries and sliced bananas.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. (Just be aware that the longer the salad is in the refrigerator the bananas may brown slightly.)
- You can allow the cream cheese mixture to chill in the refrigerator overnight before adding the fresh fruit.
- You can squeeze fresh lemon juice over the sliced bananas to prevent them from browning. It will also add a little brightness and tang to your salad.
- Make sure your strawberries are completely dry before adding them into your salad. Excess water will thin out the creamy cheesecake mixture.
- Ripe bananas give the best texture and sweetest flavor.
- If you cannot find strawberry banana yogurt, you can substitute strawberry yogurt or vanilla yogurt.
- You can add other fresh berries to the salad, such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and even grapes. It is a very adaptable salad.