Cucumber lemon water is not only refreshing, beautiful and delicious but it also contains lots of nutritional benefits.
Water is something we should be drinking on a daily basis but sometimes it’s fun to add a little color and taste like this watermelon detox water, rainbow water and orange basil water.
Infused water is one of my favorite things to make, especially when the weather starts to warm up. It really helps to cool you down and is super refreshing.
Sometimes I do struggle with drinking enough water throughout the day but when I know there is a beautiful and tasty pitcher of water with cucumber and lemon in the fridge, I am more likely to drink a big glass.
My kids also tend to drink more water when it’s infused. They love the taste and think it’s like having a special treat.
What you need
Cucumber – For this recipe, I use an English cucumber because it has less seeds but any variety of cucumber will work.
Lemon – This recipe calls for 2 but 1 large lemon works well.
Water – Filtered water is great for this recipe but if you are in a pinch, tap water works.
How to make cucumber lemon water
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Prepare: Clean and thinly slice a lemon and cucumber.
- Mix: Add to a pitcher and lightly mash to release juices.
- Water: Pour in water and ice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Does the flavor get stronger over time?
Yes, the longer it sits, the more the flavor will intensify. If I am going to serve it for a lunch or dinner, I try to make it at least an hour before so it has time to release the flavor.
Benefits of drinking cucumber lemon water
There are so many reasons to drink this water besides staying hydrated. It has no artificial flavoring, color or added sugar to start.
- Lemon: Helps to alkalize the body. Is also full of vitamin C which has great immune boosting properties.
- Cucumber: Has anti-inflammatory properties and is great for re-hydration. It also is full of antioxidants like vitamin A and K, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
Water infused with cucumber and lemon.
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 8-10 cups filtered water or tap water
- 2-3 cups ice
- Slice cucumber and lemons into thin slices. Place in a large pitcher.
- Using a masher or wooden spoon, press down on cucumber and lemon slices to release juices.
- Add ice and water to pitcher. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
Calories: 27kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg